Thursday, September 30, 2010

A New Start

I have to say going to basic training was a real turn around for me as a person. Not to say that I was not a disciplined or respectful guy but I was beginning to get a little heavy if you know what I mean. I lived a pretty sedentary lifestyle for a long time and was gradually going up in pants size every year. About this time last year I believe that I wore a 36 in pants and weighed about 190 lbs. Dang. And by the time i got back from basic training I had lost over 30 pounds. But what Im most happy about is that Im keeping off the pounds too. I work out nearly every day running and lifting except on the occasional lazy day. I find it amazing how much more fit i have become. Like last year I tried to start working out by running. My girlfriend suggested running a quarter of a mile and walking a quarter four times until I had ran a mile and walked a mile. And I could barely do that! Now Im running upwards of two miles a day and lifting weights. I just really like where Im at now with my health. And I really owe it to the army for whipping me into shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment